Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skyeizme
Reel Rookie

Not connected, but wifi signal excellent

Is there a Roku tech rep that can actually solve this issue? Not 1 q&a has a solution to their product's on going problem. So here's what the prob is.. when power surges (blinks; because there has been tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards that happen from time to time) and it kicks the home internet out causing it to reboot the router & it turns off the Roku. Upon coming back on the Roku says "not connected" in the upper right corner. The Roku time has been 9:30pm for over 24hrs now. Can't change that because the Roku says "not connected". I have rebooted the little Roku SE Express literally 200 times in the past 24hrs. I have completely unplugged the unit & every wire in & out of it. I have rebooted my internet router 50 times. Took it completely apart (plugs/wires) & let it sit for a minimum of 15minutes, as recommended by the internet provider. The problem is absolutely not the internet but the Roku device that says it has a connection but is NOT CONNECTED. I need an actual tech to explain why it's doing this. My house is also not the problem, as the router & Roku are in the same room & not sitting on top one another. I don't live in a mansion either so distance should never be a problem.

#Helpppppppppppppppp!!!

This is driving me insane. Also, please don't ask "what was going on when the error occurred" as it's already been detailed above. This issue needs a resolution asap!!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Daddio1

Re: Not connected, but wifi signal excellent

I am having the same problem.  All my other wireless devices are working perfectly.  Signal strength is excellent.  The help info on Roku.com is useless!  The only way I got it set up the first time was to put it on top of my router connected to a little tv to get they setup.  Now it’s doing it again.  ANY TECHNICIAN. PLEASE ANSWER US!!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Skyeizme and @Daddio1 

What is your Roku model number, router model number, and your ISP (internet provider)?  Whether you feel it is important or not, any error codes you are seeing on the screen (other than "Not connected", there should be a code similar to 14.30 or the like).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Skyeizme
Reel Rookie

@AvsGunnar The code is 1430, but I'm not going to be giving out the info you requested. I don't feel like you knowing how to hack into my internet or device is going to resolve the issue. I already threw my remote at the Roku cause I tried for another 3hrs to fix the stupid thing. It's about to find itself in the landfill. Huge waste of money & time. I just would like an actual technician to help correct the issue & am starting to believe one doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
Skyeizme
Reel Rookie

I finally figured it out. Not sure why it mattered but once I turned on the "home hotspot" thru my internet provider the roku connected. I've had that off for over a year but apparently now it mattered to reconnecting the device for some weird reason. 🤷🏼‍♀️

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Skyeizme 

Xfinity/Comcast initiated that home hotspot feature awhile back.  It is normally best left turned off as it basically makes your router/home network into a public wifi hotspot. (Xfinity guests able to join/use the shared connection.)

Most likely your issue is with the known firmware push to your router that requires the Mode/Protocol setting to be changed to b/g/n rather than g/n in your 2.4ghz Wireless/Wifi Settings.  You do this using either the Xfi app or logging into your router.  (https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

Or you can leave it connected to your hotspot.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos