Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emyers25

No Wifi connection no matter what I do

Jump to solution

My roku never use to have problems but now will not connect to wifi. I have not changed anything with router or location of roku. I have reset both multiple times and nothing works. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Wifi connection no matter what I do

Jump to solution

If you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP ensure the wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP ensure the wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
cjantzen

Jump to solution

Thank you 

I have been searching the posts for days now unable to find a fix. but yours worked. 

In the Cox wifi app I was able to make the change. 

Again, Thank You 

0 Kudos
ahgtexas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I select wireless network, insert password, select connect - seems to go to "cancel" as soon as connect is selected.  How do I fix?

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @ahgtexas

Thanks for the post.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos