Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack5j
Reel Rookie

No ROKU devices connecting to my wifi.

After 6 days of "there it is"..."where'd it go" internet service from Breezeline (upgrades?) I finally got my service back. Now, my laptops connect but NONE of my ROKU devices will connect. I get .014.40 and .014.30 errors. All TV's and router are in the same places as before. I tried resets of everything. Any ideas are appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: No ROKU devices connecting to my wifi.

If you haven't already, make sure the router is broadcasting on 2.4GHz and that it is set for b/g/n modes.  Some routers get set to g/n-only during firmware upgrades and that doesn't work well with Rokus.

vmw123

I have been having LOTS of trouble getting my Roku to connect to internet. I have gone through ALL the suggested procedures, but nothing is working. What is b/g/n/ mode?ANd how do I check to see if that is what my router has? 

0 Kudos
vmw123

I am having the same problem  and have tried EVERYTHING suggested, but nothing works. Really getting disgusted with Roku!  

0 Kudos
Jack5j
Reel Rookie

Thank you, but I can't find these settings in my D-Link management software. Any idea where to verify these settings? Again, thank you!

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n are standards for transmitting Wi-Fi.  b happens to be the oldest of these, and some routers (typically ones rented from ISPs) have received firmware updates that happened to disable 802.11b by default (but allow it to be turned back on). 

Some ISPs, including my parents’, have sent updates that disabled 2.4GHz entirely.  My parents don’t have a Roku, but I’ve had to go to their home to “fix their printer” and fixing their printer turned out to really mean re-enabling 2.4GHz Wi-Fi on their router because their printer wasn’t ready for Comcast’s new world without 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.

Jack5j
Reel Rookie

Strega, do you know where to access these settings? I can't find them in the D-Link software.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Sorry, I have no recent D-Link router experience.  I do know that in some router UIs, you have to click on some "advanced" button before you can do much.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Jack5j 

For Dlink routers, the Wireless Mode settings are under Advanced Settings.

1. In web browser, type in 192.168.0.1 or type in http://dlinkrouter.local to open the web portal.

2. Generally, the default password field is left blank. (unless you have created an admin password)

3. Look for Settings tab, then select Wireless.

4. Select Advanced Settings.

5. Select 2.4ghz band.  Then select 802.11 Mode (Wireless Mode).  This is where you will make the b/g/n change.

6. Select "Save" at bottom of screen to save your settings.  Then Restart both your router and your Roku device.

---

Feel free to post an update or if you need more help.  There may be some slight firmware differences between router GUIs so post back with router model number and any screenshots if you run into issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos