Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rokodo
Reel Rookie

No Internet: Error Code 009

I have a Roku 3, model number 4230x. It will not connect to the internet. I’ve reset it to factory and now can’t get passed the ‘choose a network’ screen. It will check off Wireless connection but not Internet connection.

How do you fix this?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: No Internet: Error Code 009

Hello @Rokodo

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.
If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Rokodo
Reel Rookie

That was not really helpful, and as someone who doesn't know anything about b/g/n networks and/or GHz spectrums that information is not very helpful in regards to solving the problem. Perhaps there should be a step-by-step tutorial on how to solve this issue since it seems consistent with most older Roku models.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rokodo,

Thanks for following up.

We're sorry if it caused any difficulties and we would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For this specific error, we recommend restarting your router and Roku device. Try the steps below to help resolve the problem:

• Restart your router. To restart your router, check the instructions from your Internet Service Provider or router vendor. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in. Other cases may require pressing a reset button on the device.
  • Restart your Roku device. To restart your device, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it. Or you can follow the steps below and restart it from the Settings menu.
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step)
  5. Select System restart

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Missmoody

This happen to me last night.  I’ve  reset, restarted, unplugged router and device more than 15 times, it kept being me back to the same thing, enter your password, blah blah blah.  How can we fix this…..I’m so annoyed

Tags (1)
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Missmoody 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Have you tried connecting your Roku to a different wifi network or mobile hotspot? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
csudhoff

I'm having the same issue.  We've had this Roku and this internet service/modem/router for over a year.  It's connecting to the wifi but claiming there's no internet service.  Except everything else in the house has service. We've already reset modem/router/Roku multiple times.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @csudhoff,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you flagging us about this network issue with your Roku device, and we'd like to help.

We've got some help here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Or let us know if this has been exhausted, along with the serial number of the device that has an issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos