Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elainasmom191
Reel Rookie

New device not connecting to internet

I just got a Roku express and trying to set it up but it can’t connect to the internet. I’m getting error code 014.40 but yet all my other devices (phone, tablet, computer) are all working with the wifi

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: New device not connecting to internet

Hi @Elainasmom191

Thank you for the inquiry!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Elainasmom191
Reel Rookie

It doesn’t look like i am able to put in a solid wireless network cable into the roku express. I have tried a different network and it says the same thing as well

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Elainasmom191

Thank you for following up!

Try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue:

1. Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
2. Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
3. Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up the connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds. When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection. For more information, please visit https://blog.roku.com/8-tips-improve-wireless-connection. Let us know how it goes!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos