Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cnohr

New Roku Express error code 14.40

New Roku Express will not connect to wireless, error code 14.40. Just spent 20min on hold waiting to speak to agent once agent collected my account info he hung up on me. 

Now waiting again, everything in house connects to wifi just fine. Along with our Roku TV in bedroom but new device will not connect. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Rizzo

Re: New Roku Express error code 14.40

Same. Not connecting to internet 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Cnohr @Rizzo

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that both devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Malaina
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the help! I called my wifi people and had them make 2 separate Wi-Fi’s one for the 2.4G and one for the 5G. Thinking this would solve the problem, it doesn’t. I reset my Roku and my wifi and tried again still didn’t work the last option i can come to is to factory reset, but then if that won’t work what else can i do? I’ve never had a problem like this before.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

0 Kudos