Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmf

Network connection problems

My roku was connected to my wifi for over a year and it somehow disconnected and now when I search wireless networks mine won’t pop up but on everything else like my phone and PlayStation it’s all working just fine except the roku . Does anyone know if my roku is just broken and I need to buy a new one or is this fixable without being all techy cause I am not 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Heather8

Re: Network connection problems

I am having the same issue.  Just bought 2 sticks. Cannot connect.  Would be helpful for some advice that might help. 

0 Kudos
Kobstrom

I am also having this problem. Worked fine for months and now it can't find my network. All other devices are connected fine, the problem is not my router or network. It is very frustrating that Roku has so little IT assistance - beyond very basic beginner level advice - restarting doesn't help.

I have the 3920X Roku Premiere, I hope that someone at Roku answers....

0 Kudos
libclick

I had this issue last night. If you have a Verizon FiOS Gateway router, you need to reset it with a pen tip or paper clip by pressing on the red reset button on the back of the router. This fixed it for me.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

When diagnosing these network connection problems, it is helpful to post the Roku model number, your router model number, and your ISP (internet provider).

Different Roku models have different network capabilities, some routers have some known issues/fixes, as well as some ISPs.

If any of you have Xfinity/Comcast/Cox and have a 2.4ghz only device, like @Kobstrom, then the issue may be related to the firmware update released to these routers that will require users to change the "Mode" setting from g/n to b/g/n.  After making this change in the router or through the Xfi app, restart both the router and your Roku.  Instructions for making this change can be found at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi and https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-Express-not-connecting-to-Xfin... ((images attached and instructions)

The more I have looked into it, it seems that that there is a mismatch in the  "learning" procedure between the Roku and the router as to which protocol speed to utilize during connection.  (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/intro-wifi-home-network).  This is not just applicable to Roku, but other streaming devices and wireless devices as well being mishandled.

If the above is not applicable to you, then please post back with the requested info and will see what else can be offered to get you back up and running.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos