Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dee-Deez

Network Connection reset no password update

My network password has changed and I’d like to update this. 
I am unable to enter in the new password.

network connection reset-result is it still remembers my password (there is no screen to enter password). It just begins to check the connection and of course fails.

factory reset - after doing a factory reset, it still remembers my password and It just begins to check the connection and of course fails.

hard reset - pushing in pin at the back of the roku device until light starts to blink. Result it still remembers my password and It just begins to check the connection and of course fails.

Unfortunately Roku instructions go thru the scenario where after network reset, factory reset and hard reset, the necessary screen appears after you select network (to enter password), 

please help! 

Also I have rebooted router 3 times.

This same exact issue occurred on my other 2 TVs. 

i have Samsung TVs

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Network Connection reset no password update

Hello @Dee-Deez

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue:
1. Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
2. Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
3. Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up the connection
If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds. When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

For more information on troubleshooting connectivity issues, please refer to this link: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet 
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos