Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisamim
Reel Rookie

My wireless network does not show on wireless list

Jump to solution

My Roku streaming stick 4K model 3820RW was working fine for eight months then all of a sudden 2 days ago it will no longer show my wireless Network to connect.  I rebooted my router countless times as well as the Roku and even reset it to factory options, and nothing works. I have Hargray as my internet provider with a router that supplies both 2.4 and 5G.  I have no issues with any other Roku or any other wireless connections in the house . Any idea how I can get my network to show back up on the wireless list? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisamim
Reel Rookie

Re: My wireless network does not show on wireless list

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestions, the scenario is the first as I can see other networks but not ours.  I reset the Roku back to factory settings and rebooted everything and my network is visible again.  However the power is supplied via the TV USB so if this happens again I will do as suggested and use a wall adapter.  I appreciate your help. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Lisamim 

If you are seeing other wireless networks available, but not your own, it may just be a network setting. (You didn't mention the model numbers of your other Roku devices so cannot determine what network band they are capable of using).  Should be at least seeing the 2.4ghz band if you are using a wireless channel in your router settings between 1 and 11, and using a Wireless Mode/Protocol of b/g/n.

If your 3820 is seeing no wireless networks at all, (yours or neighboring networks), then good possibility that the "long range wireless receiver" in the power cable may have failed.  This receiver is required for the Streaming Sticks 3810 and 3820 models and cannot find or connect to a network if not working properly.

If your issue is the first, try using a USB power adapter at the wall instead of using your TV's power port if currently doing so (to rule out underpowered device), and perform both a System Restart of the device and a Router reboot.  Also try establishing a new connection through Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection.

If your issue is the second one (no networks at all), you will likely need to contact Roku for a replacement power cable with the built-in Long Range Wireless Receiver (WR002) from Roku.   I believe they are still issuing them as part of warranty since I do not see an accessory listing for the WR002 on the Roku website.  I only see the WR001 which is compatible for the 3810/3811 models, not the 3820/3821 models.

Of course, also try the power adapter at the wall like recommended for the first issue, again just to rule out a power issue with the TV USB power port that may be adversely affecting the receiver.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Lisamim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestions, the scenario is the first as I can see other networks but not ours.  I reset the Roku back to factory settings and rebooted everything and my network is visible again.  However the power is supplied via the TV USB so if this happens again I will do as suggested and use a wall adapter.  I appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos