Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adric87

My starz in roku is not playing any videos and I just renewed my subscription

My starz in roku is not playing any videos

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My starz in roku is not playing any videos and I just renewed my subscription

@Adric87 

There are three ways to subscribe to Starz and watch on Roku. The three ways are separate, and are not interchangeable. That is, if you subscribe one way, you have to watch that way.

1. Directly to Starz via their Website, and using the Starz app on Roku. You subscribe on the Starz Website, and launch the Starz app, logging in with your Starz credentials.
  2. Through Roku Pay, using the Starz app. You would launch the Starz app (same one listed above) and click the Subscribe button there. You are paying Roku for Starz, and watch the content in the regular Starz app. This doesn't give you access to Starz on other devices, including someone else's Roku. You must watch on one of your Roku devices.
  3. Through Roku Channel. Similar to the second one, you are paying Roku for Starz, but are watching it via Roku Channel. You can't use the standard Starz app to watch. This does install a different Starz app (Starz on Roku Channel) that can be used, but all it really does is launch Roku Channel and then Starz.

So, which way did you subscribe? And are you watching (or trying to watch) that same way?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Re: My starz in roku is not playing any videos and I just renewed my subscription

Im having the same issue. I subscribed through starz on roku channel and nothing will play. I just renewed my subscription. Help!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jennwashington

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos