Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shanley37
Reel Rookie

Moved and now Roku wont work.

Hi. I just moved into a new place. My Roku worked at the old house this morning but is not working here. I have set up the new wifi. Password works and it says connected. However I can't open any apps to watch anything. They just time out. I checked the settings and it tells me I'm connected and the strength is excellent yet all the apps say I'm not connected to internet. I did reboot it and unplugged from TV and put back in. Is there something I have to update with roku if I move? Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Moved and now Roku wont work.

@Shanley37 

What is your Roku model number and your ISP (internet service provider).  Is this provider the same as your old provider? 

---

Try Settings/System/Advanced System/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Shanley37
Reel Rookie

Re: Moved and now Roku wont work.

Thank you for your reply. I actually figured it out this morning. Turns out I just had to add the Mac addresses to our new network. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.