Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost remote trying to connect a new roku remote

We just moved and during the move we lost the Roku TV remote. We bought a new one from Walmart but, the tv is not hooked on the new wifi yet and so I can’t use the roku app to set up the new remote. Is there anyway I can set up the internet on my roku with the app and remote? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Lost remote trying to connect a new roku remote

Hi @Mbarrier293

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost remote trying to connect a new roku remote

@Mbarrier293, what remote did you get?  A voice remote has to be paired to the TV and a simple remote won't work on a RokuTV.  If it's a voice remote, press and hold the pairing button on the back or inside the battery compartment until the light starts flashing and then plug in the power to the TV.  When it finishes booting it should pair to the remote.  You don't need the app to pair a remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos