Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmam2021
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Roku replaced my streaming stick + because of the same issue. After two months it’s showing the same symptoms- freezing on the Home Screen, connection dropping out. I’ve given up on it. Absolutely useless. I’m looking for an alternative now. 

0 Kudos
Lenny1
Channel Surfer

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I just kept rebooting the router and on the 3rd attempt, the Roku began working again,,,,  I don't know why but that was days ago and it remains operative!!  Best of luck with yours!

0 Kudos
CantBeForReal
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It is lucky that all of the items on our networks do not require this technical process. If we continue to want to use Roku, we might invest in a device that just reboots our routers every 10 minutes automatically so our Roku devices will function. I wonder if that is what their technical team calls, "working fine." I reset my router maybe once a month or so, just to keep it "clean," but no device has ever required me to reset my router, not one in my 40+ home automation system. Except Roku. That little bad boy required a lot of router resetting, Googling, router setting changes, etc. The one plus is that I learned things about a router I should have never needed to know. Like buying a new car where the engine doesn't work and they give you a manual, and continue to tell you to try rolling the windows up and down. You eventually learn from the manual while your neighbors are all driving by in a different brand of vehicle.

Lenny1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So well put !!!! 

0 Kudos
Drewsco3

Jump to solution

@RefusedRuko wrote:

I have rebooted 10 times, reset my wireless so

much that I went and exchanged my internet box just to make sure I’m not crazy. Went to all of Roku Settings powered down restarted,

set up wireless over and over, updated during the day when it finally worked again and boom, It HAPPENED AGAIN.. It seems to be happening at the same time now for the third day in a row. 1 or 1:15am. My phone works fine my iPad and all the streaming channels are fine on these devices. Fix it or we are going to throw away all 5 of your different Roku devices and go with fire sticks and apple tv. Stop telling people to reboot we aren’t idiots 🙄😣.. customer service would be nice w a live person. Or a page to update customers your system is down.. SOMETHING?

Maybe Roku has reached the end and becoming obsolete. 🤷🏻‍♀️ And if it’s happening because we need to upgrade to the newest devices well then... kick rocks.. our devices are 2 yrs old ... not happening 

right !!!

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Don't hold your breath waiting for Roku to respond.  The cavalry isn't coming.  I gave up a while ago and switched to Chromecast.  My life is too short to boot and reboot.  I just want to sit back and enjoy the streaming.

0 Kudos
yobra
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thus doesn't work. It's been happening for months, I've rebooted everything a million times. Contacted my internet provider who says to do the same thing and it continues to happen. I loose wifi connection to my phone also but Cox states everything is working properly on there end. My router/modem is brand new also. Happens at least twice a day, morning then between 7 and 8 pm. #ANNOYING

0 Kudos
BobbieJ1225
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same.  Every other night, around 10 PM.  One room.  All other ROKU devices, tv's phones, laptops, everything is fine  We have Comcast for business, so we can stream up to 10 devices.  I have upgraded to a more high dollar Roku.  Nope.  Same thing.   I even have a signal thing in the room to help.  Nope.

0 Kudos
CantBeForReal
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's a shame you didn't upgrade to a high-dollar "other" device instead of Roku. Maybe you can bring it back, let them know it doesn't work and get Chromecast or FireTV. They definitely work, no resetting routers, trying to find that perfect router wifi channel or standing on your head with raisins in your belly button... not sure what the other approved things are to try, but they all do about the same thing.

0 Kudos
BobbieJ1225
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can for SURE take it back, just bought it a week ago, have receipt, and even paid $3 for extended warranty lol....can I ask which you think is easiest to operate?  We are not young folks and we need easy stuff.  And thanks for your input!

0 Kudos