Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pickùp
Channel Surfer

Issues with connecting to internet

The Roku TV wireless has check mark for wireless connection but x for internet connection. The wired Ethernet cable has check mark for both wired and internet connection but it won't connect. Now the wireless internet works on my phone and the Ethernet cable was checked to computer and it works. The only way that this Roku TV will work is if I use my internet package on my phone and tether it to the Roku TV. I do not have access to the router and I can not understand what has happened. It use to work from the wireless internet but not no more. I even set the Roku TV to factory settings but that does not help me at all. Is there even a way that I can change the name of the Roku TV to something else so that the wireless internet router will work for the TV?

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Issues with connecting to internet

Hello @Pickùp

We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

What do you mean you do not have access to the router? Modem? If it is your equipment then why do you not have access to them? It is clearly on your end. I have 2 TCL Roku TV's with zero issues connecting to mu 5.0GHz WiFI. Cox internet gateway

0 Kudos
Pickùp
Channel Surfer

The router is by my ex wife house.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

So your stealing your ex wife’s WiFi? She is obviously living close to you.  Very strange situation. Why don’t you just get your own ISP

0 Kudos
Pickùp
Channel Surfer

No I'm not stealing or doing anything illegal. It is a long story. So is there anyway that I can change the name of the Roku TV name or even the serial number change in order for the router to work?

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

You can make your own Roku account. Do a factory reset on the Roku TV. Log into the tv using your newly created Roku account. But it won’t change the ID of the TV. 

0 Kudos
Pickùp
Channel Surfer

I tried as you said but doesn't work.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Do you think perhaps your wife is blocking that device on her router modem? This is a very odd situation. 

0 Kudos
imdor54
Reel Rookie

I'm not stealing or doing some thing illegal. It is a protracted story. So is there anyway that I can exchange the name of the Roku TV call or even the serial range exchange here so as for the router to paintings?

0 Kudos