Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sobjw
Reel Rookie

Issue ID 65-470-760 - TCL TV won't connect to WiFi or Ethernet

Jump to solution

All apps were returning error messages when trying to watch something. The TV said it was not connected when I tried to hit the star key but when I go into the network settings and test it it shows my wifi network and IP info and says the connection is excellent.

Tried resetting network settings on the TV, then resetting my WiFi network, (everything else including another Roku TV is working just fine) and rebooting the TV.

Then tried plugging in an Ethernet cord and that was not recognized. Did a factory reset and now it just gets stuck trying to update but can't connect to anything.

Got a screen that said "Issue Report Tracker" It listed info about the TV: model - it's a TCL 7104X - serial number, software version. 

Then it says "Please Use Issue ID 65-470-760 To Report the Current Issue" I can't find anything about that code anywhere.

Anyone have any insight? Seems like it's toast.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Issue ID 65-470-760 - TCL TV won't connect to WiFi or Ethernet

Jump to solution

@Sobjw 

It almost sounds like the RokuTV may be blocked from accessing the internet.  Do you have any ISP mobile apps that you may have inadvertently "Paused" or "Blocked" the RokuTV connection on?  Other place to look at in router is under MAC address filtering or Access Control.

If you have a mobile hotspot available to you, perhaps try Factory Resetting the RokuTV again and try connecting to the hotspot to get through the setup and activation.

Otherwise, post back with your router model number and ISP (internet service provider).

It is a little curious that the ethernet port did not work for you. (Would begin to suspect a hardware issue, but certainly other things could be preventing connection).

Try plugging the ethernet cable from RokuTV directly to your modem (not your router, bypass the router completely) and see if you now get a connection.  If you haven't already rebooted your modem, try that as well.  If you do not have a seperate modem, then try a different LAN port on your router and restart the router.  If you have an extra ethernet cable, try another cable as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Sobjw 

It almost sounds like the RokuTV may be blocked from accessing the internet.  Do you have any ISP mobile apps that you may have inadvertently "Paused" or "Blocked" the RokuTV connection on?  Other place to look at in router is under MAC address filtering or Access Control.

If you have a mobile hotspot available to you, perhaps try Factory Resetting the RokuTV again and try connecting to the hotspot to get through the setup and activation.

Otherwise, post back with your router model number and ISP (internet service provider).

It is a little curious that the ethernet port did not work for you. (Would begin to suspect a hardware issue, but certainly other things could be preventing connection).

Try plugging the ethernet cable from RokuTV directly to your modem (not your router, bypass the router completely) and see if you now get a connection.  If you haven't already rebooted your modem, try that as well.  If you do not have a seperate modem, then try a different LAN port on your router and restart the router.  If you have an extra ethernet cable, try another cable as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Sobjw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow, you nailed it!!! As soon as I read your first sentence I realized that I had been messing around on my Google Home Wifi app a couple nights ago trying to get my computer to download something quicker. I went back into it and sure enough, the tv was paused!! 

Had to plug it straight into my router but it did update the software and settings I had nuked trying to reset everything. 

Thank you so much, I thought this thing was actually broken even though it seemed pretty implausible for it to happen like that.