Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make a Roku that only works with cable?

Hello, I'm in desperate need of help. My hotel, a family-owned business, upgraded its TVs to Roku last year. We have had nothing but troubles and nightmares with them and the guests. The majority of guests are older, so they are not very tech-savvy. Multiple times a day I am requested for TV help. The Roku app is not wanted by them. The only thing they want is live cable channels (which we have), so I have to put it on live TV and sometimes I have to re-download the channels. Can Roku TV be made cable-only? I want it to turn on right to live cable, not the Roku home screen. Does anyone know if that is achievable?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Level 18

Re: Is it possible to make a Roku that only works with cable?

Maybe you should merge your hotel with this person's hotel?

HDMIGuy
Level 14

Re: Is it possible to make a Roku that only works with cable?

@villerblender You can go into settings on each Roku TV and have the TV come on to a specific HDMI input such as the input the cable box is connected to.  Once that is done program the cable remote to power on and change the volume of the Roku TV.  Take the Roku remote out of the hotel room and you should be good to go.  I have an elderly friend who has Spectrum cable and a TCL Roku TV.  I did what I mentioned and put the TCL Roku TV remote away.  He has no problem using the Spectrum Cable remote.