Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is There something going on with rokus connecting to the internet

@coffeeluvr23 wrote:

I'm not sure what your router configuration letters mean, but I'll see if I can find the information.  Thanks for the advice.

I'm sorry, I misspoke.  The b/g and b/g/n refer to wifi protocols included as part of the 802.11 wifi standard for different transmission speeds. How this is referenced in your particular router will depend on the router manufacturer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Greifenstein
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much guys!  I changed my router protocols from b/g to b/g/n as suggested and it seems to have solved the issue. I have XFINITY and I've been experiencing this issue since yesterday so I thought I was going insane 

0 Kudos
Marcia1945

I do not know what that means  bg  and bgn.  I bought my own router and yesterday everything worked perfectly.  This afternoon neither Roku works

When I click on the remote nothing happens and it has brand new batteries so it is not that  How do I fix it?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Marcia1945 

Which Roku device do you have? If you're connected to your network, you can use the mobile app as a remote to control and look up any information needed. I would not suggest relying solely on the app, however. If you lose connectivity to your network, you have to have a remote to connect it again.

So, which Roku device do you have? Include the model number. Settings > System > About

Do you know if it's an IR remote? Or is it a WiFi Direct remote?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Catcam

Exact same problem I have tried every single thing my Roku is internet connected with excellent signal now after update I can get Zero content I just did last resort Factory Reset no improvement

Cheffi
Reel Rookie

10.5 NEEDS TO BE REVISED or revert to previous system:

Also having problems with 10.5 and have multiple devices (different versions). Upon start up, have "no signal" bouncing across the screen. Occasional streams repeat as if in a loop.

Designers, PLEASE, go back to the drawing board.

Cut the cord years ago and really depend on your services. Love Roku but very frustrating. 

bnbuckeye
Channel Surfer

If your roku updated to the latest 10.5 version, that may be the cause. My roku tv cannot stream reliably at all since the automatic update. My speed went from 200mb+ on the roku tv to barely 40mb. Restarted roku, router, wiped network settings, all that. Incredibly dissatisfied with roku 

PatricD

Same here. JVC Roku TV is connected to my wifi, but my subscription apps give a connection error when loading video. Roku Channel & 4k spotlight can't even load. I tried removing & reloading Prime, but Roku Channel Store doesn't load.

Something in the forced 10.5 update caused this. 

Haileev

Having the exact same issue. Ive tried everything ive read on here nothing will work.

bnbuckeye
Channel Surfer

So dissapointed. I've owned this TV since 2017 and it's been nearly flawless until this update. I hope roku gets this fixed soon