Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iggy67
Binge Watcher

Re: Internet download speed is poor

Jump to solution

Quote: Cranky or not, I would try lowering both the channel width/bandwidth to 20mhz and maybe lower the transmit power (TX power) of the router to under 100% (somewhere around 70%) and that should help mitigate some intereference.

Since my ISP is real strict on this alot of these settings are grayed out and not accessable to me, and if I change something they just change it back in a heartbeat. So I just moved the equipment to a new spot like DBDukes said and it seem to be doing better. I'm not going to be changing any settings on the router and be penalized when they discover that its been done w/out their permission.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@iggy67  Who is your ISP? Penalized? Is this a shared modem or yours you rent? If it’s yours you rent you can change things. It’s quite normal. But you haven’t mentioned which model Roku you own. I imagine it’s the base model Roku Express. If you bought 1 model higher it does dual band therefore it can use the faster 5.0

0 Kudos
iggy67
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

its a 3930x Roku express and yes I can be penalized  becuse its a business industrial router from Breezrline.

I got in the settings before and I got locked out when they changed the login password.  

I moved my TV that has the Roku on it to another spot closer to the router and it works better.

BTW, I don't appreciate some people on here beeing a hard*** I get enough of that  from 

the local geek squad here.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

All ISP’s allow users to log into their equipment and modify settings. If a setting is greyed out then you call Breezeline and have them change it on their end. No such thing is getting penalized. The Roku Express 3930 model you own is the base model Roku. It’s the cheapest Roku on the market. It only runs on the 2.4 GHz channel. The 2.4 GHz channel is slower then the 5.0. But the 2.4 can travel farther. You have 2 choices. Call your Breezeline and have them change the settings you cannot or upgrade your Roku to a dual band model. 

0 Kudos
iggy67
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I already solved it by moving the TV to a spot that works well. 

Case closed.

0 Kudos