I have two identical ROKU units (4230X) running 10.0.0 - 4195-04. One appears in the Airplay option list on my iPhone (XR, 14.5.1) the other does not. Both are wired to the same network. Although the 4230 isn't listed as Airplay compatible I find it odd that one will work and the other doesn't. Suggestions?
The 4230 is listed as AirPlay2 compatible:
The Roku devices listed below must be running Roku OS 10.0 or higher to support Apple HomeKit and streaming with AirPlay 2.
Note: Devices running Roku OS 10.0 will receive AirPlay support in batches in the coming weeks.
Roku Streaming Stick
3600, 3800, 3801
3900, 3930, 3801
4200, 4201, 4230
Check for Settings/Apple AirPlay and HomeKit on the 4230 that doesnt show up - if that menu option doesnt exist, AirPlay2 support isnt installed (try checking for updates: Settings/System/System update/Check now)
Thanks StreamerUser. That chart is different than the one I see on the Roku site. I’m in Canada, maybe that’s the difference?
This is what I see when I look at that page:
The device is updated. I wonder if the key phrase there is
“Note: Devices running Roku OS 10.0 will receive AirPlay support in batches in the coming weeks.”
The Canadian site chart/page is just non-updated.
You didnt really address the issue of whether the second one has AirPlay support:
Does it have Settings/Apple AirPlay and HomeKit or not?
Try the following:
1) Disable & re-enable WIFi on the Apple devices - try again
2) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, router/modem) - try again
3) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again
4) Setup HomeKit: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Setup HomeKit - try again
5) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again
6) Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again
Is Roku making plans a brand new replace? I even have confirmed my settings, confirmed the brand new software replace (nine.4), showed my tool is in a position; restarted the system several time, still no code on TV/Roku device. It’s now not working.