Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesse44
Reel Rookie

I’ve tried everything and nothing will play

I have two Roku Steaming Stick plus in my home. They both will not load any channels at all (Netflix, Hulu, Roku Channel, etc). Nothing has changed since they were working fine. I live in the same place. My televisions are both in the same locations, my internet provider is the same, etc. I have tried updating my Roku and the channels and both are up to date. I have done a full factory reset on both Roku’s more than once, when I check the network I am connected, the signal strength is excellent and the internet download speed is excellent. I also reached out to my internet provider that did a factory reset on my hotspot and said nothing has changed in my area to affect my connection. They also did a network reset. This has been going on for several months now and nothing I do is working. These devices both worked fine one day and the next both stopped working.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I’ve tried everything and nothing will play

@Jesse44

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you connecting to a wireless network or a mobile hotspot?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jesse44
Reel Rookie

The issue I’m having is that nothing will open. I’ve done factory resets, updates, reboots and checked with my internet provider to make sure the problem isn’t on their end. I am connecting with a mobile hot spot. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jesse44

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are seeing? What Roku model device are you using? For clarification, you're using your mobile hotspot to connect to your Roku device? You don't have a home wireless network to connect to? When you state that you have the same internet provider, are you referring to your mobile hotspot, or are you talking about your wireless network?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jesse44
Reel Rookie

I am using the Roku streaming stick plus. Correct, I am using a mobile hot spot which is what I have used since purchasing the Roku’s. I am referring to my hot spot when I say I have the same provider. 

0 Kudos