Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m so over roku and not connecting to Wi-Fi

OK I have two of them in my house the power went out yesterday and now I cannot get them to connect back to the wireless Internet. I have restarted them a bunch of times even in the box itself with a pen I’m over it I’m done and I cannot get a hold of anybody and I’m starting to get very frustrated I just wasted $60 down the drain on these two stupid devices

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I’m so over roku and not connecting to Wi-Fi

@Eycountrygirl26 

What are the Roku device model numbers and who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Eycountrygirl26 

At $60 for two devices, I'm going to guess those are Roku Express devices. They are 2.4 GHz band only devices.

Where that comes into play is that some ISPs have started changing the wireless settings for that band. Check to see if the settings are for 802.11 b/g/n or g/n. My guess is the latter, which means your ISP changed your router's settings. That is what's behind the question by @AvsGunnar regarding your model number (Settings > System > About).

You may be able to change the settings of your router yourself, or you may be able to get the ISP to change it back. If the latter, suggest they quit screwing around with your settings before they break something else.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy

Adding to @DBDukes' reply:

Another thing some ISPs have done recently is turning the 2.4 GHz wifi band off altogether in the routers they provide.  Like setting the 2.4 GHz band back to b/g/n mentioned above, this also can be re-enabled in the router configuration.

Thanks to forum user @AvsGunnar for providing the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X