Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Game_On_Extra
Reel Rookie

How to fix Roku error code 018: slow internet speed

Is ERROR CODE 018 a ROKU code or is that the Internet Provider? They (internet provider)do not acknowledge the error code even though it is associative with a ROKU pop up screen does that erro code mean anything especial to ROKU management?

Thank you for any or all replies.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from WIFI

@Game_On_Extra 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Error code 018 has to do with slow internet speed issues. Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that, and other error codes: Set up or fix your internet connection

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Game_On_Extra
Reel Rookie

I did reach out. Spectrum demands to obtain the:

Incoming server port

Outgoing server port

Best port number

From Roku deliver that information to me.

I have seen response by representing personnel from Roku. Why not just face the music pal RLP-999 is a Roku error produced message. Just answer my request instead your office continues to pass on giving me what I need. It is a national issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Game_On_Extra 

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that error code, you can visit the Spectrum support page here: Troubleshooting Error Codes on the Spectrum TV App & SpectrumTV.com

If you need further assistance with your issue, we would recommend reaching out to Spectrum Support as they would be best able to assist you further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Icubs
Reel Rookie

Danny,

Can you tell me if there's a software fix coming for this issue around error code 018?  I have several Roku devices in my home, and all but one of them is working fine.  One of them will not connect to the internet, although i have confirmed that the signal strength in the room is just fine.  i know that the Roku device is capable of an internet connection, because i used my iphone as a hotspot and it was able to connect just fine.  For whatever reason it won't connect to my home wifi.  i've tried every common trouble shooting solution, but nothing works.  i can only conclude that it's a problem caused by the latest software update.

thanks for any help you can offer.

Jason

I use my Mobil Hotspotot sometimes as well.  Now when I scan for Networks my networks name is picked up but it will not connect. When I try checking the connection the 2 part check results are that it's able to connect to the wireless network but there's no internet connection.

0 Kudos
HowardM
Reel Rookie

This is a ROKU problem, not the router ,internet provider or any other source created problem. I have a mobile phone, a laptop computer and a ROKE TCL TV, all of which have no speed problems. And all of which, except for the laptop are under 1 year old. My speed test shows excellent (over 300 mbps both downloading and uploading from router). Only my ROKU Express + is having a problem, contantly losing the internet connection (error code 018), or very low speeds always rated good even when speed is 1 mbps. Will someone please give me an answer and keep it simple. I am not illiterate but not very literate either. "Simple Quick System Restart" does not help when the system is not the problem. ROKU is impossible to contact directly, and the community does not respond. Danny R. please get someone at ROKU to help. Don't just ask us to post what we find out.

Nbonchuk

Error code 18

Code 018 poor download speed, excellent connecting! Did everything,  worked until tonight,  reset router,  called internet,  no issues everything else works fine in my house.  I even factory reset roku but still no luck!

0 Kudos
Lolaju

Re: Error code 18

I’ve had this tv less than 3 weeks. All of a sudden for about 3 days now I’ve had error 018. I’ve checked my internet speed and it’s great. Everything else in my house can connect to my internet. “Internet download speed is poor; <1Mbps  I’ve tried on both my 5G and 2ghz networks and it’s the same 

Ive noticed no real answer/solution has been provided to people with the same issue  

can I get a fix for this please or is it better to return the tv??! This tv is useless to me if internet won’t work on it. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error code 18

@Lolaju

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

For more information about that specific error message, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos