Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mullenfmzr
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku devices not finding or connecting to my home Wi-Fi

Jump to solution

It was a fios issue.  My 2.4 was disabled and the connectivity was the prob.  after an hour on the phone, the prob is fixed

bbk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just started having the issues today as well after not having any issues yesterday. I have Fios as well and will look into the 2.4 channel and report back

bbk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Got in touch with Verizon Fios technical support. We played around with a few settings, but ultimately just did a factory reset (not a reboot) of the ROUTER. This did the trick and my wireless network popped back up as an option. Simple fix for a frustrating issue.

DebNYC

Jump to solution

Thanks, after spending hours I found your post and it solved the problem for me too. 

@bbk wrote:

Got in touch with Verizon Fios technical support. We played around with a few settings, but ultimately just did a factory reset (not a reboot) of the ROUTER. This did the trick and my wireless network popped back up as an option. Simple fix for a frustrating issue.

VickyCoco
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How do you do a factory reset for the router? 

0 Kudos
Jomama79

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, all my roku devices are not connecting to my FIOS network, no matter what I've tried. I have restarted both the router and the roku devices. all my other things from laptop to cell phones are connecting but not the roku. 

bbk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For a factory reset, the tech recommended to do it manually instead of through the myFIOS phone app. I asked the difference, and it comes down to digital vs. analog.

To do the factory reset, depress the indented button (the one that requires a paperclip or pen) on the back of the ROUTER. Depress that for 15-20 seconds.

When it boots back up, your wireless networks should revert back to the factory name(s) and password(s). The name and password can be found on the back of your router. If not, tech support should be able to supply those as well.

No guarantee, but this worked for at least two of us so far. It seems Fios or Roku released a patch that affected only Fios users in this specific way. Again, simple solution to a frustrating problem

Additional resources you might find helpful:

JaybirdT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have this problem with Fios and 5 Roku TVs.  After getting the clues here, I accessed my advanced router settings and disabled the DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selecting).  Seems Roku is happier on 2.4Ghz, but DFS prioritizes 5Ghz.  Disabling DFS did the trick for me.

To be clear, the issue I was having was that all of my devices except my Roku TVs could connect to the network.  There was no clear catalyst to the problem.  It just didn't work beginning yesterday.  All is well now that I disabled DFS.

Elisa001

Jump to solution

Thank you. I was having the same issue. And it also affected my Ring Bridge. I did the simple manual factory reset (pin in the back of the router) and everything reconnected automatically! 

VickyCoco
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After having so many issues and going back and fourth with Roku and Fios, hard factory resetting my entire router (with the little pinhole that requires a paperclip) I can tell you it has fixed all of my issues as of 11/11/20. It's annoying to have to re-do all the devices in the house. But what can you do? 

Hopefully Roku and Fios fixes whatever issue was occurring between them since it effected so many people. 

0 Kudos