Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nakrenn
Reel Rookie

Hotel / dorm connection issue/ direct connect password

I follow the steps as instructed while connecting to hotel / dorm Wi-Fi however step 7 does not appear on the tv screen to enable direct connect and display password. I have factory reset, system restart and network connection reset to no resolution. Need help, it was working this morning.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hotel / dorm connection issue/ direct connect password

After a Factory Reset, which wipes out all your previous settings, you cannot establish a hotel/dorm connection.   This can only be done on a unit that has already been activated on a Roku account and set up with a network connection.

If you have a cell phone with a wifi hotspot, you may able to use this to reactivate and set your Roku up with a network connection again.  Then you can disconnect from the hotspot and retry setting up the hotel/dorm connection again.

Many hotels, dorms, etc, are set up with a wifi system that you connect to by logging in on a web page via an internet web browser.

The Roku has no web browser. In order to log the Roku into the hotel.dorm's web page, you use the browser in a wifi-equipped computer or mobile device and set the computer/device up to temporarily work through the Roku. You do this by connecting your computer or mobile device to the Roku via a wifi-direct connection between the computer and the Roku. When you then log into the system's web page via the web browser while connecting through the Roku it establishes the Roku's connection to the hotel/dorm system.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos