Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel Connection Not Working

Hello,

I am trying to connect to our Hotel internet. We get the hotel prompt when setting up network connection. After clicking this we are instructed to connect to the Roku and put in a password. After doing this we are connected to the Roku but have no internet access. So we cannot open the browser to put in the hotel login and password info. How can we trouble shoot this so we can connect?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Hotel Connection Not Working

Hello @Sarah_Benkeser-

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to connect your Roku device using hotel/dorm wireless network.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it will connect?

Follow these steps to connect to the internet:

Open the Settings menu on your Roku device to initiate the connection.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Set up connection.
  5. Select Wireless.
  6. From the list of available networks, choose the wireless network for the hotel or college dorm. If you do not see the network, select Scan again to see all networks.
  7. After your Roku device connects to the network, select I am at a hotel or college dorm.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet 

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Gadgetman

The problem users are experiencing is that the Roku never displays this prompt to connect to hotel or dorm. Even after reseting the network and restarting the device never displays this prompt. There are dozens of not hundreds of posts about this issue that have gone unanswered by Roku support. The real solution may be to purchase another brand of of device and move on. 

tomb73
Binge Watcher

Same complaint.   Hotel connection is often problematic.   The Roku dialogue when it prompts you to login to its internal network often does not stay up for 'minutes' as the Roku support article states.   It starts the 'connecting' over before I can get connected, or even after I connect.   Then it does not pop up the login dialogue for our hotel network.    VERY frustrating.   Half the time I simply give up and use my iPhone hotspot.