Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Priya_123

Home network is not visible

I have Roku Express 4K and tried to set it up on my tv but as sson as it starts after selecting the language there is a pop up for wireless network and it is just buffering and jo network not even my home network is visible on it and I am not able to go forward or back from here. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home network is not visible

@Priya_123 

If you have a mobile hotspot available to you, try connecting to that to get through the setup/activation.

Otherwise, make sure you have plugged the Roku Express 4k device into the wall adapter, and try restarting both the Roku device and your Router (and any externals like modems, access points, extenders, etc).

If your device did not come with a wall adapter, use a USB charging adapter from a cell phone. (any 5volt, 1amp charging adapter will work).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Priya_123

Its not detecting any network just keeps buffering and saying looking for wireless networks. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Priya_123 

Generally, if no networks are being detected, it usually means a failed/defective device.  If you tried the above steps and still no networks being seen, then either return it to the store (if applicable), or seek a warranty replacement from Roku.

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements - https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

-----

You can also try Factory Resetting the device as a last ditch effort.  Press and hold the Reset button (usually a pinhole in back of device) for 30+ seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos