Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TickledPink
Channel Surfer

Having to activate account every 15 minutes.

It's not saving wireless password..having to type that in repeatedly.. it's not saving an email..having to type that in every 15-30-60 mins. I am having to activate my account daily now receiving 7, 10, 15 emails daily to watch a day's worth of TV.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Having to activate account every 15 minutes.

Hi @TickledPink

Thanks for the post.

Does the activation issue happen on a specific channel or the Roku device itself? Could you reply here with a photo of the issue occurring? With more information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TickledPink
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the reply. It happens while watching basically any channel. I only watch 3 News channels but it's on the ROKU itself. I changed out the batteries on my remote. It randomly turns off and I get the "Let's get started !" screen. It's an el-cheapo TSL Roku TV but going out to buy a new tv every 6 months seems a little frustrating to me. I've turned off the bandwidth saver. I don't put in payment options into account (skip this page) because I only watch streaming news.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

TSL Roku TV?  TCL maybe?

Your network login parameters and other device-specific settings are stored in an EEPROM chip in the TV.  This sounds to me like this chip is failing to retain data.

Roku only supplies the operating system for a "Roku TV". This sounds to me like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Roku TV Manufacturer Support Contacts:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
TickledPink
Channel Surfer

yes TCL Sorry. Well, I guess then if I have to go through all that a new tv is the only choice eh. Thank you.

0 Kudos
TickledPink
Channel Surfer

It's really odd. it may be unrelated. but last night when I turned off my PC (which is what my wireless is connected to). The TV reset. And now today..as long as I remain logged in here the TV hasn't reset. Probably just a coincidence.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

One thing you might want to to on the Roku TV.   If Fast Start is not enabled, see if it helps it to retain network settings:

Settings > System > Power > Fast TV Start -- click the box to enable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
TickledPink
Channel Surfer

Ok , I have set to quick start now and haven't had any problems. I will see if I can go the day without having to re-register.Thank you all for your time.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

I hope your TV continues to work correctly moving forward.  If it doesn't, how long have you had the TV?  TCL TVs have a one year warranty.  I have several TCL TVs and my family has others.  I have had no problems with my TCL TVs.  The problem appears to be with TCL and not the Roku operating system.

0 Kudos