Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BluePearl

HDMI Is Not Connecting To Player

Hello. I've had my Roku device (Roku Express) for about two years. It is connected to my Vizio TV via HDMI. Suddenly, the device is not working. It tries to connect to the TV. I've switched out the HDMI cable and it is still losing the signal. As it connects, it keeps trying 1080 and 720 but then stops. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI Is Not Connecting To Player

@BluePearl 

If you have the option, try connecting the Roku device to another TV and see if it will load properly.  If so, then manually set "Display Type" (Settings/Display Type/720p.)  Then place device back at the problem TV location and see if it will now load properly.  Roku sometimes has issues with the auto-detection of display types. (especially after OS updates).

If the above does not work, or you do not have an additional TV to perform this on, then try Factory Reset of the Roku device.  Press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds while device is powered.  During the setup and activation, manually select the Display Type. (again, start with the 720p and do not let Roku perform auto-detect).

***Verify you have a working Roku Remote (or compatible physical remote) before performing Factory Reset on any Roku device.***

Also, if not equipped with a power adapter, try using a cell phone USB power adapter and try powering the Roku device from wall power (rather than TV USB power port) and see if it helps.  Any 5volt, 1amp power adapter should work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Desiree3
Reel Rookie

Re: HDMI Is Not Connecting To Player

I’m having a similar issue, and my devices are only 6 months old. Both won’t connect and remote won’t stay connected. Resets are working system reboot not working. Happened overnight. Might be related to some update. There is no roku support available. I’m lost at what to do next. 

0 Kudos