Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Got it! Advanced answer to connection problem

@jwjckc  No one is hacking into anything. Accessing modem router functions is completely normal. So you don’t pay for your internet? Or is it part of your rent? If you have a modem in your apartment are you renting it from XFinity? Or is your landlord renting it? Either way you’re not hacking anything you’re just accessing your Xfinity router settings that you connect to. 

0 Kudos
jwjckc
Channel Surfer

Yes, a person accessing their own router settings does seem completely normal.  You're right, nobody is hacking anything, because the guy that was asking for all this information didn't get the information he requested.  And he has since withdrawn his request.  (To answer your question -- My internet is paid for as part of my monthly rent.)

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@jwjckc  I think you miss read what he wrote. No one is asking you for personal information on your router settings. And unless we’re in your same home we cannot access them. @renojim  was advising you where you can find the information to get into your router settings. It’s written on the bottom of your modem. He was trying to help you to locate how to go about getting into your Xfinity router/modem. Call XFinity 

0 Kudos