Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Classicrun
Channel Surfer

Glitch rate is 10000 and red /orange. I have tried EVERYTHING.

My glitch rate is off the scale in red - 10000. Does this explain all my problems?  I have excellent connection and excellent strength and the Internet is good but the stupid thing keeps shutting off and saying no Internet. I run speed checks and the Internet is fine. The only problem is the Roku. I have reset, I have rebooted, I have done everything I can think of. I am ready to throw this piece of junk in the trash and just use the fire stick. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Glitch rate is 10000 and red /orange. I have tried EVERYTHING.

Hello @Classicrun

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? Could you tell us who your internet service provider is? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Classicrun
Channel Surfer

I have AT&T. I had 100 fiber and switched to 300 fiber because Roku kept sending low or no internet. I have restarted devices multiple times, rescanned, reset, etc. I still have glitches off the scale. The device is now 3 feet from the router. Nothing has worked. I’m ready to throw it in the trash. I have 2 Apple TVs and fire stick. 

0 Kudos
Classicrun
Channel Surfer

I have b/g/n on my router and still have extremely high glitches and disconnects. Ready to trash it. 

0 Kudos
FireStickNow
Channel Surfer

I bought a firetv stick and that solved the problem.  I'm getting almost 200mb on the stick and everything now comes in HD.  

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

HD streaming services need around 5-8Mbps, so 100Mbps was not a problem.  If that Roku was connected via 2.4GHz Wi-Fi (as older/lower-end models were), then increasing the ISP speed probably wouldn’t change anything.  My guess is there was noise in the 2.4GHz spectrum that needed to be found (if it was a device under the OP’s control) or it was time to move to 5GHz – which is often the case especially if the noise is your neighbors’. 

Roku’s lowest-end models used to be 2.4GHz only. Now their website shows even the cheapest Roku as supporting 5GHz. So, buying a new [anything] was likely to solve the problem.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
FireStickNow
Channel Surfer

And I'm not an IT person so I could not find a solution and there is NO SUPPORT, just find it out yourself. I'm glad I switched. I do not use products where support is "find it yourself" style.  

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Yeah Roku, is generally a DIY-and-google-a-bit kind of operation, but I’ve been hearing similar stories about firesticks.  (Your mileage may vary – hopefully it does!)  Heck – see my signature.  I don’t even know if I’m “supposed” to be banned so I just created another account and soldiered on.

But really, if you’re going to do anything remotely “mission critical” over Wi-Fi, it’s a good idea to know a bit about it.  Streaming is a bit more complicated and a bit more DIY than cable TV is/was.  (Although I see plenty of complaints about getting support at my cable company’s forum as well.)  Before cable, I remember dad mounting an antenna with a rotator on our roof, and having to pull a bunch of tubes out of the TV to take them to the drug store and use the tube tester.  I guess TV has never been all that simple.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos