Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fumminstobe94
Reel Rookie

Franklin T10 And Roku connectivity

I've got a Franklin t10 hotspot from T-mobile and it will not connect to the Roku TV.

I've changed the APN to fast.t-mobile.com IPV4 and the TV will then connect to the hotspot but the speeds are less than 1mbps and so it shows not connected. With the hotspot in its normal setting it runs upwards of 40mbps.

This a brand new issues as i had been running it just fine with decent speeds on the IPV4 setting. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Franklin T10 And Roku connectivity

@Fumminstobe94

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing, but will need more information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fumminstobe94
Reel Rookie

It started 2-3 months ago- the connection had been working fine with the APN Fast.T-mobile.com IPv4 before then. Now with the APN Fast.T-Mobile.com IPv4 the roku will connect to the network but the connection is so slow it fails to connect to the internet. With the standard APN of Fast.T-mobile.com IPv4v6 the roku will not connect to the network.

Thanks for your help!

TCL Model- 55s421

Hardware ID- 7136x

Serial Number- YN00MR039635

Software Version- 11.5.0 build 4235-30

0 Kudos
MarkyP

I just got the new Franklin T10 from Tmobile and all my Rokus will connect to the wifi, but cant connect to the internet also.  Please help with this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MarkyP,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulties connecting your Franklin T10 mobile hotspot to your Roku device.

Please be advised that we don't recommend using mobile hotspots as they aren’t usually as reliable as home broadband. Roku devices perform well with most home broadband services. 

If you're continuing to have troubles, please reference our helpful FAQ article: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Su.... This page will provide you with common concerns, troubleshooting, error codes, and recommended actions.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@MarkyP 

Users with the Franklin T9 and T10 have found that they need to clone the default APN (access point name), and change the IPType setting to IPv4.  

The issue is most likely that your T10 is probably currently set to use IPv6.  You should be able to change the IPType to IPv4/IPv6, but some users have indicated that they needed to select IPv4 only in order to use streaming devices like the Roku.

Instructions for changing APN can be found here. (https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/t-mobile-hotspot)

Look specifically under "Connections and Network", then expand "Network and APN".

Login to the WebGui and follow these instructions.  Basically you need to verify IPv4 is selected after creating a new APN name. (keep all other settings same as the original default APN).

Create a new APN (Access Point Name)
Your mobile hotspot comes pre-configured with the access point name (APN) for your network service provider. The mobile hotspot checks the APN to determine the type of network connection to establish.

Access the hotspot WebUI Manager.
Click Settings > Network Settings.
Click the Add button under the APN list. A pop-up box will appear to create new APN.
Enter the Profile Name of APN.
Enter the APN.
Enter the Username and Password.
Select Authentication Mode: PAP or CHAP.
Select IPType: IPv4 or IPv4v6.

----

Feel free to post back if still having issues or need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos