Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harleyboy63401
Reel Rookie

Express + Connectivity Issues after Software Update

My Roku Express + model 3931RW...serial X00400DUF1MU ...software 11.0.0..build 4193-AE  will not longer stay connected to my wifi.  I worked perfect before the software update!  I have completely factory reset 3 times and also did modem and router reset as well.  My router is only 2 months old and is a very good model with great specs!  I think the software update caused the issue with the Express + because I have 2  roku sticks that do not have any issues!!???   Any Real Help!!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Express + Connectivity Issues after Software Update

Hey @harleyboy63401

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us who your internet service provider is? Also, please be advised that Roku Express+ (3931RW) is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. 

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
psumax
Channel Surfer

I'm having a similar issue.  My Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810X) had been working just fine until it was updated to OS 11 on Friday the 13th.

Ever since the OS 11 update this device "falls off" my wireless network over night, every night.  In the morning, when I want to watch TV again, the Roku shows "not connected."  I have tried the reboot option in the Roku menu.  I have tried power cycling the Roku device.  No go!  The only way to get it connected again is to reset my wireless access point (Linksys EA8300.)  Once the access point resets, the Roku is fine again until the next morning.

I also have a Roku Express+ (3931RW) which was also updated to OS11 on Friday the 13th that continues to work fine.  It connect to this same access point and is NOT experiencing this wireless connectivity issue.

0 Kudos
harleyboy63401
Reel Rookie

I have Spectrum with 400 plus MBPS!   It worked great until the software update!!! Very disappointing!  Both my streaming sticks work fine! 

I have a NETGEAR AX2400 router! 

????

I am a complete loss!  I have many devices at home so my router is set for SMART CONNECT!   AGAIN...It worked great until the software update!!?????

0 Kudos
psumax
Channel Surfer

Yes, same here.  Worked fine until the OS 11 upgrade.

How can we "downgrade" back to OS 10.5 while we wait for them to figure out this problem?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

See if you have a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power and if so disable it to see if it helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
psumax
Channel Surfer

I do not see a "power saving" option under Settings -> System -> Power.  In fact, there is no "Power" choice in the menu at Settings -> System.  I also can not find any "power saving" option anywhere else in the menus (I could easily be missing it.)

I really thought that was a good suggestion; thanks!  But, no go.  😞

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@psumax, sorry, not all devices have it.  I wish I had another suggestion for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
harleyboy63401
Reel Rookie

I turned off the Smart Connect on my router and the issue of connection seems to have left! With that said it worked great until the software was updated!!

0 Kudos