Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SofiaBaker
Reel Rookie

Experiencing Buffering Issues with Roku Devices and internet connection

Hello Roku Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to reach out to discuss a frustrating issue I've been experiencing with my Roku device and seek some advice or possible solutions.

Recently, I've noticed that my Roku device has been encountering frequent buffering problems while streaming content. It seems to pause intermittently during playback, which disrupts my viewing experience. This issue occurs regardless of the streaming service or channel I use.

I have a stable internet connection with decent speed, so I don't believe that's the root cause. I have also tried power cycling the Roku device and my router, as suggested in some troubleshooting guides, but the buffering issue persists.

I'm curious to know if any other Roku users have encountered similar buffering problems and if there are any known solutions or workarounds that have proven effective. Are there any specific settings or adjustments I should consider modifying on my Roku device to improve the streaming performance and reduce buffering?

I appreciate any insights, suggestions, or personal experiences you can share to help me resolve this buffering issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Sofia Baker

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Experiencing Buffering Issues with Roku Devices and internet connection

Hi @SofiaBaker,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having a problem with your streaming channels since they keep buffering. We would be happy to look at what we can do to help you to make sure we are providing the best streaming experience but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information: 

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your network?
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Brand and model of your router?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards, 
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos