Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tx8
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku3990x won’t connect to wireless

Jump to solution

I have TCL Roku tv model 505421 , sn 1903GTC005005A03011 , chasis MST10F . My scan for wireless is EXCELLENT. I have done hours of all rebooting and still get 14.50 error. I have TP-Link_2.4GHz_A2941E and it was great a month ago. TV was purchased 9.13.2019 . HELP before I trash this thing.

0 Kudos
Tx8
Channel Surfer

Re: Error code 14.50 during network setup with CenturyLink router

Jump to solution

WHAT WORKED? PLEASE!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Tx8

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us who your internet service provider is? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tx8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. My inet server is AT&T. How do I make change?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Tx8

Thanks for the reply. 

Router settings differ for each internet service provider. We suggest contacting AT&T's customer support team as they are trained on how to make modifications to their routers. 

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tx8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Can I delete the roku and use a google fire stick? I'm 80 and I'm fed up with Roku. It was great while it lasted. I have speent 2 weeks and MANY hours trying to fix roku.  Ty

0 Kudos
Tx8
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku3990x won’t connect to wireless

Jump to solution

I fiddled with my Roku for 2 weeks. Unplugged router, reset. Unplugged Roku, reset. OVER and OVER. Finally after RESTARTING Roku 2 times, it kicked in and works perfectly. What was wrong? I will never know. I'm happy. 

0 Kudos