Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qem323

Re: Error code 14.50 during network setup with CenturyLink router

Jump to solution

I had this same issue, however it happened about 2 months after purchasing my device. It was fine i. The morning then by nightfall i got the 14.50 code. We have tried resetting both the stick and router and it hasnt changed. Is there anything else that works for this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Qem323

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass along your information to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MamaCougar

Jump to solution

What modem?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MamaCougar

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zcimilien

Jump to solution

This should be the very first task people should perform when connecting a Roku device. Given that you have a centurylink Touter

0 Kudos
Joey1234

Jump to solution

Where do you find the advanced settings?? Is it on your century link account? It on the TV? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Since   Onn roku tv is too cheap to put a LAN connector in their tvs and they don't explain to check your centurylink modem for the place to see if you can change the setting to "Allow Special Characters" on their boxes their tvs are sold and returned for "open box" discounts because people can not get their tv to work. I got mine for $90.  This is good! If you find out that you can not change to "Allow Special Characters", go up on ebay and look for a used Calix C844 modem; I got one for $21. This centurylink modem has the feature to change the "Allow Special Characters". And, this was a newer model than my, Actiontec C1000a, which I was told was not going to be supported anymore. Basically it is slow. But in any case, roku should warn people about the C1000A. And I was also told that if you call up centurylink they can fix everything from their end. Well, I was on hold  for 2 hours and finally figured they punked me; that's when I bought the Calix C844G modem. And no thanks to roku.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Joey123: On your browser type in 192.168.0.1 and sign in ADMIN and then type in password from the bottom of your modem. Click on ADVANCED SETUP. Click on DHCP SETTINGS. Go down to 4.. Mine says: 4. Set the DNS servers allocated with DHCP requests. And all I have for choices is "customs Servers", NO "Allow Special Characters".  The Calix C844G modem has that, not the C1000A.

0 Kudos
ramcc1

Jump to solution

I took  my Actiontec c1000a , had a N750 WNDR4300V2 plug a lan cable from the C1000a to the Lan of the Netgear N750. Used a cable from the N750 to my onn.RokuTV 65 inch tv and was able to connect to the internet wired and wireless. N750 on ebay run $39 to $69. This worked for me. Hope it helps. Before I did this i used the TV with a computer and a HDMI cable that worked with Hulu, Netflix, Disney, etc

0 Kudos
dbratton1

Jump to solution

This worked. Thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos