Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moosette

Re: Roku3990x won’t connect to wireless

Jump to solution

The link still worked for me. However I no longer have Century Link internet; here is the solution from the link. 

When I was setting up my new Roku Streaming Stick I couldn't connect to my network (CenturyLink) due to error code 14.50.  I called CenturyLink Support and there is a setting in "Advanced Setup" that needs to be changed.  Select "DHCP Settings" from the LAN Settings section and scroll to option 4 "Set the DHCP name special character state" and select "Allow Special Characters" and click Apply.  Go back to your Streaming Stick setup and you will now be able to connect to your CenturyLink network.

0 Kudos
Wrljr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I cannot get to any settings since I did the factory reset.  I get the option to select language then it goes to network I select mine, enter the correct password and it doesn’t connect showing that 014.50 error

0 Kudos
Wrljr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also do not have century link

0 Kudos
Wrljr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 2.4g dualband router, everything else works fine including a firetv and rokutv and 2 Roku expresses.  It just will not connect.  The link that was posted refers to centurylink I have optimum and had zero issues until today

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Wrljr

Thanks for the posts.

Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Raman049

Re: Error code 14.50 during network setup with CenturyLink router

Jump to solution

My roku tv doesnt even have option for advance settings. I always regret buying roku tv for many reasons.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Raman049

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

If you are also getting an error code as this thread's title says, refer to this link for their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Changing the DHCP settings totally worked for me after an hour of other attempted solutions. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
frogwilly

Jump to solution

what if there is no option 4, no "allow special characters. I get to the DHCP settings and then there are questions about the ISP addresses and dsn info. I dont have a streaming stick just a ROKU TV, and i casnt find the above on the Century Link Advanced setup

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@frogwilly wrote:

what if there is no option 4, no "allow special characters. I get to the DHCP settings and then there are questions about the ISP addresses and dsn info. I dont have a streaming stick just a ROKU TV, and i casnt find the above on the Century Link Advanced setup

Contact CenturyLink about configuring your modem/router/gateway.

They may even provide you with an upgraded modem/router/gateway if its too old.

0 Kudos