Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carolyn191

Re: Error code 14.30 But Internet Connection Strong and Working

Jump to solution

Internet strong but screen says that it's an internet connection issue 

Skinny68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Carolyn191 Depending on the model of your device. Roku updates don’t recognize 5g! So your router should have an app you can download on your phone or laptop. Log into your router should see 2.4g & 5g turn off the 5g! Then return to your Roku device try connecting again, you should be able to connect. Once your connected go back to router turn the 5g back on. Sometimes you can just reboot the router. 

0 Kudos
Believe2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you 100,000 times!

this Issue drove me nuts, hadn’t watched roku in 3 weeks cuz of it, and your solution worked! Quick easy fix, I couldn’t find anywhere until this posting. So appreciative   Thank you! 🙏

0 Kudos
SUNSHINE64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i am having the same problem and no one wants to help you with your problem you try to call the number they give you but then they say go on there web site and ask but no one can give you a reponse they just keep telling you to restart your router or the roku did that so many times and same **bleep**!!!!!!!

@erowe98 wrote:

We keep getting an error code that we are not connected to the internet. However, Roku shows the internet connection is strong and I am able to connect to the internet on other devices. The Roku and router have both been restarted multiple times. Everything has been turned off and turned back on. Password has been checked. Still could not connect. Now getting an error code 6. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Believe2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SUNSHINE64 

this worked for me......

I saw this 'Note: Roku Express and Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (3920/3921) models support only 802.11 wireless b/g/n networks (the 2.4GHz band). 

I checked my XFi app for my router settings and it was not set to b/g/n , it was set to g/n. When I changed it, I was able to connect to wifi, no problem.

Below is where I found the settings in the Xfi app.

Go to the Connect tab. Select See Network. Select Advanced Settings. Select 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi

classact52

Jump to solution

Is the XFI  code on the router or what app do I need ? Worked perfect Till KS Wind storm lights out

all day have been resetting and turning off and on.  No Connection  If i could afford Cox I would but

not in the budget on Soc Sec... old lady who needs her TV

0 Kudos
Believe2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Classact52 -

I logged onto xfinity.com account. 

Select - My Account

Scroll down to xFi Internet section

Select - Manage

Select - Xfinity xFi 

Select - See Network (in the connect section)

Select - Advanced Settings

Select - 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi

Select - 2.4 GHz WiFi

Select - Edit

Under WiFi mode - Select 802.11 b,g,n

Etd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My router is Cox 

0 Kudos
Believe2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I would log onto your cox account and find where it shows the routers - with xfinity we have 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz routers, but Roku only works with 2.4 GHz  the setting that needs to be changed is 

Under WiFi mode - Select 802.11 b,g,n

at least this is what I have been told. Hope it helps. 

0 Kudos
martin11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This seems to have worked for me. Let's see if it is stays fixed. Will keep you posted.

0 Kudos