Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrs_Wh1te

Re: Error code 14.30 But Internet Connection Strong and Working

Jump to solution

W o W !!

can’t believe it worked!

I was almost instantly irritated that I was reading things that made no sense to me, let alone I had to put forth effort to log into apps I didn’t have to follow instructions I knew nothing about. But viola! After quitting and then coming back out of disparity for my Roku for more times than I’d like to admit. I actually hunkered down and followed the steps. And they freaking worked. Why I have to randomly go in and change technological settings that I never set up or switched in the first place is beyond me, but thank u for u smart ones out there!!

0 Kudos
PunchyRoux

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for sharing! Worked like a charm! Do you know if a power outage would reset these settings on the router?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PunchyRoux 

These settings will remain until you physically change them or your ISP issues another firmware revision to your router.  Power outages and simply restarting/rebooting your router will not change these settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
lalanc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Got new router from Spectrum yesterday and now having same issue with My Roku TV.  Have Spectrum app but there is nowhere to either checking settings or turn 5g off.  Any ideas? TV will connect to mobile hotspot from my cellphone with no issue so pretty sure there is a block between Spectrum router and tv

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mi roku no tiene dirección Mac

0 Kudos
mikejojo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

this is my life right now.  2 external rokus won't connect to my "excellent" strength wifi.  My internal roku tv works fine.  This problem started yesterday.  I've restarted EVERTHING multiple times. HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mikejojo  Can you please provide more details on which Roku model you are using. If you using the base model Roku Express then that device can only connect to the 2.4GHz WiFi channel. You need to reconfigure your modem or router to use the b,g,n 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mikejojo 

How about a little more info.

1. Model numbers of the affected Roku devices. (Settings/System/About)

2. Roku OS and build number.  (Settings/System/About)

3. Router model number and ISP (internet service provider)

4. Any error messages seen on screen. (normally a numerical error code)

5. What network band or channel number is your working RokuTV using. (Settings/Network/About).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Skinny68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Okay so you know how to log into your router if so log into your router then turn off the 5g then reset your Roku and connect it to the 2.4g that should work once it’s connected to the 2.4 then turn the 5g back on. 

0 Kudos
lalanc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Turns out my issue was due to bad wiring to my router. Spectrum switched me to fiber and used some cheap wiring during install, causing a bad signal. Once it was replaced I was able to connect with no issue.