Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gidgit59

Re: Error code 14.30 But Internet Connection Strong and Working

Jump to solution

I am getting the same thing on all four of my Roku's.  I have reset Roku, I have unplugged my internet router and restarted.  My internet indicates a strong connection.  I have gone in and the system update and tried and tried again and Roku will not connect to my internet.

AshMcQ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Matwood26 wrote this, fixed my issue immediately:

I saw this 'Note: Roku Express and Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (3920/3921) models support only 802.11 wireless b/g/n networks (the 2.4GHz band). 

I checked my XFi app for my router settings and it was not set to b/g/n , it was set to g/n. When I changed it, I was able to connect to wifi, no problem.

Below is where I found the settings in the Xfi app.

Go to the Connect tab. Select See Network. Select Advanced Settings. Select 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi.

0 Kudos
Movieman80
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Was working last night. I did a factory reset and signal strength is excellent. I also reset my router. I do not have access to a smart phone to download a xfi app. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Movieman80 

You can manually configure the 2.4Ghz WiFi mode settings in your modem/router/gateway yourself:  https://192.168.0.1 or similar (your gateway IP address) via your browser.

..or call Comcast tech support and they can do it for you.

0 Kudos
allfourseasons
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I found on a related post here on the forums that someone factory reset the *router* itself, and kept the same network name and password, and the roku started working again. I made sure to restart the roku as well from the error I got and when it started again it connected successfully to my wifi again. Hope this helps.

Movieman80
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried that earlier today and that seemed to do the trick!

0 Kudos
Movieman80
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

... and stopped working again. Did a reset and back in business. This is an old router I got from xfinity so really need to replace, now's a good enough time (well Monday anyway).

0 Kudos
Movieman80
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This just sucks. Need to wait before posting. Stopped working yet again. Heck with this, lol.

Ew11

Jump to solution

Yes this is my problem exactly 

0 Kudos
Ew11

Jump to solution

Help this is my problem exactly 

0 Kudos