Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erowe98
Reel Rookie

Error code 14.30 But Internet Connection Strong and Working

Jump to solution

We keep getting an error code that we are not connected to the internet. However, Roku shows the internet connection is strong and I am able to connect to the internet on other devices. The Roku and router have both been restarted multiple times. Everything has been turned off and turned back on. Password has been checked. Still could not connect. Now getting an error code 6. Any advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matwood26
Channel Surfer

Re: Error code 14.30 But Internet Connection Strong and Working

Jump to solution

I saw this 'Note: Roku Express and Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (3920/3921) models support only 802.11 wireless b/g/n networks (the 2.4GHz band). 

I checked my XFi app for my router settings and it was not set to b/g/n , it was set to g/n. When I changed it, I was able to connect to wifi, no problem.

Below is where I found the settings in the Xfi app.

Go to the Connect tab. Select See Network. Select Advanced Settings. Select 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi.

View solution in original post

93 REPLIES 93
Matwood26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with Roku express, even did a factory reset but still won't connect to wifi that is working well. This has been going on for two days. We also have a Roku TV, no issues with that connecting. 

monique092767
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue since yesterday.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I AM COMPLETELY AT A LOSS RIGHT NOW.

Matwood26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I saw this 'Note: Roku Express and Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (3920/3921) models support only 802.11 wireless b/g/n networks (the 2.4GHz band). 

I checked my XFi app for my router settings and it was not set to b/g/n , it was set to g/n. When I changed it, I was able to connect to wifi, no problem.

Below is where I found the settings in the Xfi app.

Go to the Connect tab. Select See Network. Select Advanced Settings. Select 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi.

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue since last night.. it was connected fine for a few weeks until last night.. I have xfinity for internet and the WiFi is 2.4 so not sure what my next steps should be .. this is frustrating 

Matwood26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine was also set to 2.4. When I selected edit on the xfi app for the 2.4 GHz option, I then noticed it was set to 802.11 g/n rather than 802.11 b/g/n.

As soon as I made that change, it worked.  Good luck! 

monique092767
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THANK YOU...THANK YOU....THANK YOU!  I got it to work.

Thank you again Matwood26 for your help.

0 Kudos
erowe98
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also tried the factory reset with no luck tonight 

0 Kudos
Matwood26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Download the Xfi app from your app store. Once installed, login to app, and follow these instructions:

Select edit next to the 2.4 GHz option. Once that opens you will see a drop down on the top under wifi mode...this is where you will see the option to change it. 

lydiag

Jump to solution

THANK YOU!!!! The wifi (Xfi) on my ROKU Express has been acting up for several days. Your instructions helped me to immediately fix my Roku device 🙂

0 Kudos