Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbcJss

Dropping wired connection

My roku ultra 4660X2 continuously drops wired and wireless internet connection. I upgraded to an Arris Sb8200.  

Spectrum internet

-Arris SB8200

—netgear proSafe gigabit switch GS108

—roku ultra. 

Everything else works perfectly in the house with the internet. But my roku does not. I can check connectivity (93) and by the time I get back to open a channel I’m told I don’t have a connection. Then I check the connection again and it’s dropped and asks me to restart. This process is endless. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Dropping wired connection

Hi @AbcJss

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos