Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bazsl
Channel Surfer

Does the model 4200X support 5GHz?

Does the model 4200X support the 5GHz Wifi band or is it 2.4GHz only? I can see my 5GHz network on the 4200X but it will not connect to the 5GHz network. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Does the model 4200X support 5GHz?

Right from the websiteRight from the website

0 Kudos
Bazsl
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the quick reply. Any suggestions as to why I cannot connect to my 5GHz network? The 5GHz  network shows maxium signal strength just as the 2.4GHz network does. I know the 5GHz network works and that I am using the correct password because I can connect with other devices. Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this would be welcome. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Bazsl  The 4200 is a very old model so would probably be in your best interest to upgrade. But for starters you can reboot your modems, router and Roku. If that does not work then you may need to reconfigure your modem or router. 

0 Kudos
Bazsl
Channel Surfer

I rebooted all of the equipment before my first post. What, specifically, needs to be reconfigured in my Wifi router since it works with every device I have tried except my 4200X?

0 Kudos
Bazsl
Channel Surfer

I have a second 4200X which uses a wired internet connection. I swiped the two and can now connect to the 5GHz network so the problem is with that specific 4200X. Since it works fine with a wired internet connection my immediate problem is solved. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos