Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues on Roku express

Neither of my two roku expresses will connect to wifi. I’ve tried restarting it, unplugging it and plugging it back in, factory resetting it, and restarting my router(my wifi works fine on everything but the roku) when I check the connectivity it says “excellent” but for some reason it still will not let me connect to the internet it just says error 014.30

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connectivity issues on Roku express

ISPs are known to much with their customer's routers and update them and /or change settings.  Ensure the router's wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.  If you need help with that, post the name of your ISP and model name and number of your router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
shelly3

Thats what mine is doing stays connected for a bit then goes out I haven't tried resetting it or anything 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @shelly3

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos