Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Connectivity Issues and Surprise $$ Charge to Fix

Jump to solution

Hm, I typed roku.com/link into Firefox, Edge and Chrome on Windows and those went straight to the page.  I don't doubt that some browsers or platforms act that way though - maybe Roku doesn't know about them. 

As for the scammer not needing a CC number - a couple of theories - he figured he'd get it out of you later (they seem to be good at that), or there are cases where paid support people have also been scamming.  Once they get caught and hopefully fired, then they sometimes move into full-time scamming often with customer info from their previous employer. It's one of the costs of super-cheap overseas call centers.

0 Kudos
Mark51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also was charged 69.99 for a new Roku device to get it connected . I have 2 other devices that work fine.

A Roku chat conversation turned into a cell phone call & after we got my device connected ..the last step before it connected , I was asked to pay a one-time service fee of 69.99 on PayPal . Unfortunately I did because I thought I was speaking to an official Roku tech . On an earlier posts , I too got Danny @@Roku who answered my message & told me I had been scammed , as they have no fees for updates . 
Not trying to resolve with PayPal & my bank .

Not sure what the real story is but sounds like I gave out $70.00 to a scammer .

Roku has a leak in their Chat sessions it seems . These guys are good .

still like Roku however !

Danny @Roku , if you see this post ….any straight answers !

thanks , Mark51

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mark51,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We're sorry about the issue. It sounds like you weren't speaking with a Roku representative who claim to offer “Roku Technical Support”. Roku will never charge you an activation or support fee, and we won't ask for sensitive details like payment information over the phone or ask for remote access to your computer.
In addition, our Support team responded via email recently. Please check your email from our support team, they will be assisting you from there. 

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Staticsis2

Jump to solution

I have had the same issues since February and xifinity says it is roku issue. Strong signal but will not make a connection. I can NEVER get anyone at roku. It is nuts. All my other devices work perfect. I have 1 firestick and no problem connecting but my 2 roku's will not connect again.  It is a back and forth game.  I am over it and not paying someone $69 to fix something that is their issue.  Lack of support for sure.  

0 Kudos
Staticsis2

Jump to solution

That's funny I am never given any contact information or offered support when it is clearly a Roku issue.

I would appreciate someone call me to fix this Roku problem with both my roku's.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Staticsis2

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos