Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waceyjo

Connection not found after getting a new router

I recently had to get a new router and modem and now I am no longer able to connect my Roku Roku Express (3900 series)  to be able to change the network. And the remote does not work, I’ve been using the remote through the app. How do is get reconnected 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Re: Connection not found after getting a new router

You cannot connect your Roku unless you have the original remote. The Roku Remote Control app only works once a Roku that is currently connected to your network. Your Roku is about 4 years old so it is best to just purchase a new one. You maybe able to find a new remote 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Waceyjo, configure your new router (SSID/network name and password) to match your old router.  Your Roku should connect.  That model only supports 2.4GHz channels from 1 to 11.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Waceyjo 

If you are unable to change the wireless network setting to match the old settings, as @renojim suggested, you could pick up a cheap universal remote from Dollar General, Family Dollar, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc. Just make sure it supports Roku. Should say so on the packaging.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos