Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cm4350

Connecting my Roku tv to my mobile hotspot

So I've been waiting for over a week for Verizon to come install cable/wifi since switching from Comcast. I have a 32 inch Roku tv in my bedroom. Normally my tv would connect to our wifi but since we are waiting since switching to Verizon I've had none. So I figured I would try using my mobile hotspot. When it tells me to connect to wifi/internet and it scans for nearby networks my cellphones hotspot is the first on the list as available. So I click on it and I enter the password, it then goes and connects to wireless connection and a green check appears but it will not connect to the 2nd which is internet or wifi connection instead of a green check I get a red x. I keep trying over and over am I missing something?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting my Roku tv to my mobile hotspot

@Cm4350 

Some mobile hotspots (Verizon and Tmobile, notably) have been configuring their hotspot APNs to use IPv6.  Roku devices cannot currently use IPv6, so will need to verify that your hotspot is using IPv4.

Look through your hotspot settings for something that says APN, IP Protocol, or similar language and verify that either IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6 is showing.  If showing IPv6 only, will need to change the APN to use IPv4.

Are you using a mobile hotspot on a phone/tablet (Apple or Android) or is this a portable hotspot device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos