Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adwissler
Streaming Star

Connect Roku to Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite

Jump to solution

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. I would like to connect this to a Roku Premiere 3920X. Since Smart View is no longer available, I was wondering how this can be done.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connect Roku to Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite

Jump to solution

@adwissler 

Have you tried using the official Roku Remote app available in the Play/Apple Stores.

Basically just make sure both your devices are on the same network and should be able to use the mobile app to coordinate with your Roku device. 

Roku Support article on Mobile App (https://support.roku.com/article/217288467).

Feel free to post back if you need more help or you are looking for something different.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@adwissler 

Try installing the "Quick Settings App"  to restore Miracast & GoogleCast/ChromeCast mirroring/casting to your Samsung A7:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.simonesestito.ntiles

Once installed, add new Cast icon to your Quick Panel:

1) Open the Quick Settings app (just installed)

2) Click on Multimedia, click on Cast, then select "Enable Tile" (you can close out the Quick Settings app now)

3) Open Quick Panel (built-in top down-sliding menu function, not new app) all the way down/open

4) Select Menu (3 dots), select Edit buttons, then drag the Cast icon to somewhere in the lower buttons list, select Done (Cast is now "permanently" installed to your Quick Panel, unless you disable/remove it using the Quick Settings app)

5) To mirror (to your Roku), select new Cast icon in Quick Settings, select Menu (3 dots), Enable Wireless Display, select <Your Roku Device Name>

NOTE:  Anything listed as "Wireless Display" is a Miracast device; everything else is a GoogleCast/ChromeCast compatible device

0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
To Whom It May Concern: I did that. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
Thank you both very much. Your information is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
gusberram

Jump to solution

I tried but didn't work I just find out this tablet A7 lite it doesn't have that capability thanks for your help everything that you explained works as you said ty

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@adwissler 

Have you tried using the official Roku Remote app available in the Play/Apple Stores.

Basically just make sure both your devices are on the same network and should be able to use the mobile app to coordinate with your Roku device. 

Roku Support article on Mobile App (https://support.roku.com/article/217288467).

Feel free to post back if you need more help or you are looking for something different.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@adwissler 

Try installing the "Quick Settings App"  to restore Miracast & GoogleCast/ChromeCast mirroring/casting to your Samsung A7:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.simonesestito.ntiles

Once installed, add new Cast icon to your Quick Panel:

1) Open the Quick Settings app (just installed)

2) Click on Multimedia, click on Cast, then select "Enable Tile" (you can close out the Quick Settings app now)

3) Open Quick Panel (built-in top down-sliding menu function, not new app) all the way down/open

4) Select Menu (3 dots), select Edit buttons, then drag the Cast icon to somewhere in the lower buttons list, select Done (Cast is now "permanently" installed to your Quick Panel, unless you disable/remove it using the Quick Settings app)

5) To mirror (to your Roku), select new Cast icon in Quick Settings, select Menu (3 dots), Enable Wireless Display, select <Your Roku Device Name>

NOTE:  Anything listed as "Wireless Display" is a Miracast device; everything else is a GoogleCast/ChromeCast compatible device

0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
To Whom It May Concern: I did that. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
Thank you both very much. Your information is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
gusberram

Jump to solution

I tried but didn't work I just find out this tablet A7 lite it doesn't have that capability thanks for your help everything that you explained works as you said ty

0 Kudos