Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoManyTVS

Concern if WiFi info and Roku Device remains on Smart TV if sold

Do I need to remove my Roku device from my account if I intend to sell my Smart TV in order to wipe out any personal WiFi or Internet connection information?  Is there a way to remove this from the TV and reset it to original factory settings?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Concern if WiFi info and Roku Device remains on Smart TV if sold

I would do both just to be sure.  ie: go to roku.com and remove the device, and then do a factory reset.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Concern if WiFi info and Roku Device remains on Smart TV if sold

I'm not clear on what you are selling:

• Selling a non-Roku TVIf this has a Roku streaming device attached that you are removing and not selling, no Roku information will be carried on the TV.  To clear any info the TV has stored, do a factory reset -- check your TV manual for directions.

• Selling a Roku TV (i.e. one with Roku capabilities built in).  @Stregas advice given above re removing the Roku TV from your Roku account and doing a Factory reset on the Roku TV (belt and suspenders approach) will clear everything off the Roku.

• Selling a Roku streaming device along with the TV.     @Stregas advice above re removing the Roku streaming device from your Roku account and doing a factory reset on the Roku applies (belt and suspenders approach) will clear everything off the Roku.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos