Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffSharon
Channel Surfer

Cant Connect Roku Stick to TV with Spectrum Cable Box

We are on vacation and brought our Roku 4K streaming stick with us.  We are trying to connect to a Samsung TV with a Spectrum cable box.  We have changed the source to HDM2 on the tv and plugged the Roku stick in HDM2. It will display the home screen but when trying to pair with the tv, the green blinking light continues to blink and we can't use the remote at all except it will somehow turn off the tv.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cant Connect Roku Stick to TV with Spectrum Cable Box

What's the model number of the stick written on it somewhere?  Is it one that uses a Wi-Fi module embedded in the USB cable?  If so, are you using that USB cable?

The TV controls of the Roku remotes that have them are completely separate from the Roku controls and it's possible for them to work without the Roku controls or vice versa.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JeffSharon
Channel Surfer

The model number is 3820X. At home, we plug it directly into our Samsung tv.  We don't have an additional cable.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You need the cable shown here:
https://support.roku.com/article/4406543606551

Without it you're dead in the water.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos