Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomrubyc
Channel Surfer

Cannot sign in to Paramount+

Jump to solution

When I try to sign in to my Paramount+ subscription, I get a screen that has a "Get Started" button and a "Sign out" button.  When I click "Get Started" it takes me to a screen that says "Account Exists.  It looks like you've already subscribed to Paramount+ on this device. Please sign in".  That screen only has an OK button which takes me back to the original screen.

Back on the original screen, when I select the Sign Out button, it changes to a Sign In button.  I click it and re-enter all of my credentials to sign in again, and then I am back to the original screen again, unable to sign in because it again says "Account exists.  It looks like you've already subscribed to Paramount+ on this device. Please sign in". 

Paramount+ Help Center says they have no record of me.  Factory reset of my Roku device has not helped, nor a reset of my Internet modem.  I have been charged by Roku for this service and at this point I have stopped renewal on it, but Roku tells me I will still have the service until this subscription period ends on 12/2/22.  Can anyone tell me how to get around this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tomrubyc
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot sign in to Paramount+

Jump to solution

Problem solved.  I reached Roku Customer Service who walked me through deleting Paramount+ from my Roku's.  Then, instead of using the "Add Channels" button, they had me use the "Roku Channel" button, then searching for Paramount+ and adding it.  Voila!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JoelPuckett
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This issue isn't permanent I think. You should try to sign in there later. I hope it will work. 

0 Kudos
tomrubyc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, but I have been trying now for a week and a half.  I would really like to have Paramount+, so I am hoping that turning off the renewal that someone's buffers upstream will get reset.  Then I can try a new subscription.  I would still appreciate any other ideas to try.

JoelPuckett
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In this case, you should contact to the customer support. I hope they can help you. All the best!

0 Kudos
tomrubyc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Problem solved.  I reached Roku Customer Service who walked me through deleting Paramount+ from my Roku's.  Then, instead of using the "Add Channels" button, they had me use the "Roku Channel" button, then searching for Paramount+ and adding it.  Voila!

JoelPuckett
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Great! I'm so much glad to hear about it that you finally got the solution. All the best!

0 Kudos
buddy230

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @buddy230

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
GClark1

Jump to solution

I’m having a problem getting on Paramount+ also. Paid for subscription through Roku and it opens to the “trial or purchase” screen. How do I fix this problem? 

G. Clark

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GClark1,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you need assistance with accessing your Paramount+ subscription that is paid through Roku Pay. We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Could you please verify if the issue you are running into is when you're accessing the content of Paramount+ standalone or through The Roku channel?

Please be noted that existing subscriptions from The Roku channel cannot be used to view premium content on a Standalone channel or directly from the publisher.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos